We’re here to help you find the Dallas trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Dallas is in the state of Texas and is north of of Austin and Houston, south of Oklahoma City, east of Fort Worth and Arlington, and south of Plano, and west of Mesquite.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
UPDATE: Collection Days are Changing
The city is optimizing the recycle and garbage routes to better serve you. New collection days begin on December 5. Check the collection calendar to see if your service day is changing.
Dallas Trash Collection Calendar 2023
Residential garbage is collected once per week.
For normal trash collections schedules, visit the city website and enter your address.
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 28th 2019
- THURSDAY garbage and recycling customers picked up on WEDNESDAY, November 27th.
- FRIDAY garbage and recycling customers picked up as scheduled on November 29th.
- McCommas Bluff Landfill and Bachman Transfer Station CLOSED on Thursday, November 28th.
- Sanitation Administrative Offices CLOSED on Thursday & Friday, November 28th & 29th.
Christmas Day – Wednesday, December 25th 2019
- TUESDAY garbage and recycling customers picked up as scheduled on, December 24th.
- THURSDAY garbage and recycling customers picked up as scheduled December 26th.
- McCommas Bluff Landfill and Bachman Transfer Station CLOSED on Wednesday, December 25th.
- Sanitation Administrative Offices CLOSED on Wednesday, December 25th.
New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1st 2020
- TUESDAY garbage and recycling customers picked up as scheduled on, December 31st.
- THURSDAY garbage and recycling customers picked up as scheduled January 2nd.
- McCommas Bluff Landfill and Bachman Transfer Station CLOSED on Wednesday, January 1st.
- Sanitation Administrative Offices CLOSED on Wednesday, January 1st.
Dallas Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
Residential customers receive monthly brush and bulky item curbside collection (up to 10 cu yards).
Customers may also request an oversided collection up to 20 cu yards ONCE per calendar year by calling 311 or submitting a request online or thru the Dallas mobile app.
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit this city page and enter your address.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Appliances (refrigerants removed.
- Household items too large for normal collection.
Items NOT accepted for Bulk Pickup
- Household garbage
- Bottles, cans, cardboard
- construction debris
- Car parts
- Hazardous waste
Dallas Junk Removal Companies
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Dallas and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://dallasgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/minimalist/index.html?appid=807494fddae04830852e4b13e6847979/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Dallas?
Bulk pickup happens once per month. You can find your day by visiting this pdf.
What day is trash pickup?
You can find your pickup day by visiting https://dallascityhall.com/departments/sanitation/pages/residential_garbage_collection.aspx
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 AM the morning of collection day.
How can I contact the Dallas Sanitation Admin Office?
3112 Canton Street, Suite 200
Dallas, Texas 75226
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Dallas trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.