We’re here to help you find the Oklahoma City trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
Oklahoma City is in Oklahoma with Edmond to the north, Moore and Norman to the south, Amarillo to the west, Midwest City to the northeast.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Oklahoma City Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal OKC trash collections schedules, visit: https://www.okc.gov/departments/utilities/trash-recyling-bulk-waste/trash-recycling-pick-up
OKC Trash Pickup Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
|Holiday||City Observed Date||Makeup Day|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 29||Wednesday, May 31|
|Juneteenth||Monday, June19||Wednesday, June 21|
|Independence Day||Tuesday, July 4||Wednesday, July 5|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 4||Wednesday, September 6|
|Veterans Day||Friday, November 10||Collection as usual|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 23||Saturday, November 25|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Friday, November 24||Collection as usual|
|Christmas Day||Monday, December 25||Wednesday, December 27|
|Day After Christmas||Tuesday, December 26||Collection as usual|
|New Year’s Day 2024||Monday, January 1||Wednesday, January3|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Monday, January 15||Wednesday, January 17|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27||Wednesday, May 29|
|Juneteenth||Wednesday, June 19||Collection as usual|
Oklahoma City Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
Bulk waste pickup, also known as “big trash” has its own schedule.
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.okc.gov/departments/utilities/trash-recyling-bulk-waste/bulk-waste-pick-up
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Large and small household appliances, including refrigerators. However, for any appliances containing Freon or other coolants, including refrigerators or air conditioners – customers need to call (405) 297-2833 to make special arrangements prior to your regular bulk pick-up day.
- Mattresses, furniture and carpets
- Small trees and landscape waste from DIY projects. Large tree or landscape debris produced by contracted landscapers must be hauled off by the landscaper.
- Small waste produced by DIY home repair (no contractor waste)
- Glass and mirrors (must be wrapped in cardboard and secured)
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Acids and caustics*
- Automotive repair waste: Includes parts and/or liquid waste from automotive, boat or motorcycle repair, tires and rimes, automobile frames, crankcase, transmissions, wheels and tires, brake fluid, degreasers and lubricants
- Bagged landscape waste. All bagged leaves or landscape debris must go in your big blue bin.
- Batteries of any kind, including automotive batteries*
- Bricks, concrete, rocks or similar materials from DIY home projects.
- Contractor waste: Uncontained sheetrock, concrete, gypsum and roofing materials, remodeling and demolition debris, dirt, bricks, rocks or concrete. These should be carried of by your contractor.
- Diapers and pet waste
- Fuels of any types, including propane tanks*
- Landscape waste: includes landscape waste and trees cut by a professional contractor. Special conditions will apply for special pick-ups as the result of severe weather.
- Nuclear materials
- Oils, including automotive oil, house repair lubricants and cooking oils*
- Paints and solvents*
- Poisons* (Includes pest control, landscape and other poisonous materials)
- Pool chemicals*
- Rust remover*
- Sewage and septic waste
*Items marked with an asterisk will be accepted at the City’s Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Oklahoma City and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.okc.gov/departments/utilities/recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in OKC?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.okc.gov/departments/utilities/trash-recyling-bulk-waste/bulk-waste-pick-up
What day is trash pickup?
To find the OKC trash day for your street visit: https://www.okc.gov/departments/utilities/trash-recyling-bulk-waste/trash-recycling-pick-up
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Oklahoma City Public Works Department?
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Oklahoma City trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.