We’re here to help you find the Fort Worth trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Fort Worth Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/departments/code-compliance/solidwaste
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day – No change
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No change
- President’s Day – No change
- Memorial Day – No change
- Juneteenth Day – No change
- Independence Day – No change
- Labor Day – No change
- Veterans Day – No change
- Thanksgiving Day
- Thursday Collection moves to Friday
- Friday collection moves to Saturday
- Monday Collection moves to Tuesday
- Tuesday Collection moves to Wednesday
- Wednesday Collection moves to Thursday
- Thursday Collection moves to Friday
- Friday Collection moves to Saturday
Fort Worth Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/files/assets/public/code-compliance/documents/bulk-collection.pdf
Residents are assigned to a week of the month. Your bulk junk pickup will take place the week of:
- Week of the 1st Monday
- Week of the 2nd Monday
- Week of the 3rd Monday
- or Week of the 4th Monday
Click the link to the PDF above to see which week your neighborhood is assigned to.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Bulky item pick-up is limited to 10 cubic yards (about eight feet long, six feet wide and six feet tall) at no extra charge to each household that receives curbside garbage and recycling collection.
- There is an extra charge for piles exceeding 10 cubic yards. Only one pile per household is allowed.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
The following items should not be set out as part of bulky item collection:
- No trash, garbage, rubbish, waste or any material of any kind in plastic bags
- No leaves, grass or other yard trimmings in plastic bags. These items should be set out in paper yard bags for weekly yard trimmings and brush collection.
- No automobile parts, batteries or tires (residents can dispose of four tires every six months at city drop-off stations)
- No contractor remodeling and demolition debris such as shingles, wallboard and lumber
- No electronic equipment such as computers (use the city drop-off stations)
- No household appliances that contain coolant, gasoline or other chemicals, including air conditioners, refrigerators and lawnmowers (accepted at city drop-off stations)
- No dirt, rocks, concrete or ceramic tile
- No liquids, poisons or explosives
- No glass
- No ammunition
Fort Worth Junk Removal Companies
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Fort Worth and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/departments/code-compliance/solidwaste/recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Fort Worth?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/files/assets/public/code-compliance/documents/bulk-collection.pdf
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/departments/code-compliance/solidwaste
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7:00 am. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Fort Worth Customer Service?
7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday – Friday
7:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturdays
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Fort Worth trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.