We’re here to help you find the Richardson trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Richardson Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.cor.net/departments/public-services/trash-recycling/residential-regular-trash
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
New Year’s Day – January 1, 2023
Wednesday, December 29: No collection
Thursday, December 30th : Trash pick up Green/South Zone
Friday, December 31st: No collection
There are no make-up days for residential trash, commercial solid waste, or Brush and Bulky Item collections (BABIC). Please note: residential trash collection operates on a different schedule from Recycling and BABIC collections. If you are unsure of your collection days, click Here for more information.
Richardson Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cor.net/departments/public-services/trash-recycling/brush-and-bulky-item-collection
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Roofing Materials and Shingles
- Tile and Laminate Flooring
- Hazardous Waste (Paint, Oil, Pesticides, Solvents, Liquids)
- Buildings, Building Attachments, or Sheds
- Concrete, Asphalt, Bricks Rocks, Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Sod or Railroad ties
- Ceramic Tile
- Remodeling/Construction Debris (Open-top containers are set for this type of waste by a permitted hauler)
- Glass, Mirrors, Windows, or Window Frames – including storm doors and shower doors
- Compressed Gas or Air Cylinders
- Vehicle Parts including Tires
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Brush, Tree Trunks, Grass, Cacti or Vegetative Debris
- Large Interior Pieces (Carpet less than 8 feet long, Furniture, Doors, Toilet, Bathtub)
- Large Appliances (Washer, Dryer, Oven, Stove, Water Heater, Refrigerator, Freezer)
- Large Electronics (Television, Computer Monitors)
- Mattress and Box Springs
- Lawn Mowers, Blowers, Trimmers and Edgers (Drain all Fluids)
- Wood Fences (Without concrete or metal hardware including nails)
- Scrap Metal (Bicycles, Swing sets less than 8 feet long, etc.)
- ALL plastic bags under 50 lbs. should be placed with the twice per week refuse collection.
- Any items under 50 lbs. should be placed in the twice per week refuse collection including small appliances.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Richardson and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.cor.net/departments/public-services/trash-recycling/residential-recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Richardson?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cor.net/departments/public-services/trash-recycling/brush-and-bulky-item-collection
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.cor.net/departments/public-services/trash-recycling/residential-regular-trash
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Richardson Public Works Department?
1260 Columbia Drive
Main Number: 972-744-4111
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Richardson trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.