We’re here to help you find the Desoto trash pickup schedule for 2024 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Desoto Trash Collection Calendar 2024
Trash is picked up twice weekly.
- All residents who live west of Hampton Road have their garbage collected on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- All residents east of Hampton are collected on Mondays and Thursdays.
Trash Pick Up Holidays
There is no trash pick-up on the following holidays should they fall on a weekday:
- New Year’s Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If trash is rescheduled, then pick-up moves forward one day. For example:
Monday holidays, such as Labor Day, affect trash collection. In a week when a Monday holiday occurs, trash will not be collected on that Monday, and the entire week’s pickup schedule moves forward one day.
Desoto Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2024
Any items heavier than 50 lbs should be placed in front of the property. Allow up to 10 business days beginning the week of placement to complete the pickup of bulky/brush items.
Items less than 50 lbs can be placed in the alley for pickup on your second trash day of the week (either Thursday or Friday). Allow up to 10 business days beginning the week of placement for the completion of services. Do not put items out days in advance.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Hot water heaters
- Plumbing fixtures
- Refrigerators – must have refrigerant already removed
- Lawn mowers
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Vehicle parts
- Hazardous waste
- Electronic waste
- Older modeled mirrored televisions (tube)
- Any type of construction material to include lumber, drywall, paneling, tile, flooring, siding, concrete, sheet rock, bricks, or glass
- Carpet and area rugs larger than 8’ x 10’ are considered construction debris and will not be collected.
- Items larger than 7 feet and/or heavier than 75 pounds are not accepted.
DeSoto Junk Removal Services
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Desoto and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2024
For normal recycling collection schedules, enter your service address here.
- Recycling occurs every Wednesday throughout the City.
- Recycling should be out by 7 AM to ensure collection. It is recommended placing it out after 6 PM the night before Wednesday to avoid service interruption.
- You may use clear or blue plastic bags only – no grocery bags are allowed.
- You must break down cardboard boxes and neatly stack them under or near other recyclable items.
- Click here for detailed information regarding recycling.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Desoto?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit this link, scroll down, and click the Large/Bulky Item Pickup section.
What day is trash pickup?
All residents who live west of Hampton Road have their garbage collected on Tuesdays and Fridays.
All residents east of Hampton are collected on Mondays and Thursdays.
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the City of DeSoto Action Center?
Phone: (972) 274-CITY or (972) 230-9600
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Desoto trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.