We’re here to help you find the Vancouver trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
Here’s the link if you’re looking for Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Vancouver Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit: https://www.cityofvancouver.us/publicworks/page/garbage-recycling
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
On Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s holidays that occur Monday through Friday, your garbage, recycling and yard debris will be picked up one day late. Additional information will be posted on the primary Solid Waste Services web page on the days leading up to those holidays.
For all other holidays, please remember to have your carts/bins out no later than 6:30 a.m. for collection.
Vancouver Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cityofvancouver.us/publicworks/page/bulky-item-pickup
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Appliances – Examples: stoves, water heaters, washer/dryers, etc.) See note below about the free appliance pickup option in the City of Vancouver.
- Furniture – Examples: sofas, chairs, tables, shelving, mattresses, patio sets.
- Household items – Examples: carpets, rugs, kiddie pools, mops and brooms
- Kitchen/Bath items – Examples: sinks, toilets, other plumbing items
- Outdoor items – Examples: Barbecues, car parts, play sets, rotten fencing, deck boards
- Power yard equipment* – Examples: lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, weed whackers
- Recreation/exercise equipment – Examples: bicycles, treadmills, basketball hoops, etc.
- Small appliances – Examples: vacuums, lamps
*All batteries, gasoline, oils, and other fluids must be removed
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Yard debris
- Building construction and demolition materials
- Electronic waste, including computers, TVs and cellphones
- Any materials potentially containing asbestos
- Household hazardous wastes, including fluorescent bulbs, paint and chemicals
- Items containing freon, such as refrigerators, freezers or air conditioning units
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Vancouver and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.cityofvancouver.us/publicworks/page/recycling-right-made-easy
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Vancouver?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cityofvancouver.us/publicworks/page/bulky-item-pickup
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.cityofvancouver.us/publicworks/page/garbage-recycling
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Vancouver Public Works Department?
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Vancouver trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.