We’re here to help you find the Mishawaka trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Mishawaka is in Indiana with Kalamazoo to the northeast, Kokomo to the south, South Bend to the west.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Mishawaka Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://mishawaka.in.gov/our-community/residents/residential-services/trash-recycling/
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
If one of these holidays falls during the week, service will be delayed by one day, and Fridays’s pickup will be on Saturday. If the holiday falls on a weekend, there will be no delay in service.
Mishawaka Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://mishawaka.in.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/republic-waste-services-info-sheet-2021.pdf
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- (2) large items per week
- This includes, but is not limited to: chests, chairs, sofas, tables, beds, stoves, cabinets, refrigerators, etc. (Items containing Freon such as refrigerators, air conditioning units, dehumidifiers, or freezers must have the Freon removed and a certified sticker placed on the item
- Carpet and padding must be cut in four (4) foot lengths, rolled less than twelve (12) inches in diameter, and secured with tape or heavy string.
- Three (3) rolls of carpet or padding (bundled as described) will be equal to one (1) large/bulk item.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Loose items not in containers
- Any garbage not drained free of liquid or wrapped in several thicknesses of paper.
- Hot ashes
- Any liquids or oils
- Tree limbs over six (6) inches in diameter or more than four (4) feet in length.
- Tree stumps
- Construction debris, concrete, asphalt shingles, building materials or earth resulting from building construction or demolition.
- Medical waste
- Automobile parts including but not limited to: engine blocks, transmissions, tires, axles, frames, body parts or batteries.
- Any hazardous waste or flammable/volatile liquids.
- Human or animal excretions
- Dead animal carcasses
- Automobile tires
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Mishawaka and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://mishawaka.in.gov/our-community/residents/residential-services/trash-recycling/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Mishawaka?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://mishawaka.in.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/republic-waste-services-info-sheet-2021.pdf
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://mishawaka.in.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/TrashDays.pdf
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Mishawaka Customer Service?
Central Services Division
Phone: (574) 258-1660
Address: 700 Union Street, Mishawaka, IN, 46544
Republic Waste Services (Mishawaka)
Phone: (800) 888-5783
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Mishawaka trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.