We’re here to help you find the Racine trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Racine is in Wisconsin with Oak Creek and Milwaukee to the north, Kenosha to the south, Mount Pleasant to the west.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Racine Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit: https://www.cityofracine.org/SolidWaste/Lookup/
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Years Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King Day
- Spring Break
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Friday
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Years Eve
If your trash pickup day falls on one of these days there will be no solid waste or recycling pickup on that day. Your pickup day rotates with the new schedule as listed above.
Racine Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cityofracine.org/BulkyWaste/
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
Must be on City Solid Waste Collection Program and show proof of city residency with Wisconsin Driver’s License or Wisconsin Picture I.D. along with Tax Bill or Utility Bill for property address.
- Brush, Yard Waste, Leaves and Grass Clippings – 1 visit and 2 cubic yards of material maximum per week.
On Site – Payment Required
- Tires – $5 per tire – NO tractor tires
- Microwaves – $20 per appliance
- Electronics – $20 per Television or Computer all other electronics are free.
- Non – Freon White Goods – $20 per appliance Washers, dryers, stoves, ranges, dishwashers, water heaters.
- Freon Appliances – $30 per appliance Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers.
- Concrete – $100 per visit – 2 cubic yards of material maximum.
- Construction Waste – $70 per visit – 2 cubic yards of material maximum.
Construction material includes items such as siding, shingles, drywall, lumber, household fixtures, windows, doors, cabinets, and structural materials.
- Household Bulky Item- $25 per item. Household Bulky Items are items that won’t fit into a solid waste cart, such as furniture, mattresses, box springs, toilets, sinks, tubs, bags of household trash and prepared carpet. Residents showing proof of being property owner & occupant will not pay a Household Bulky Item fee for up to 3 items per week. Occupancy Proof should be Driver’s License along with Tax Bill or Utility Bill for property address.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- NO tractor tires
- NO commercial vehicles hauling materials.
- NO Tree stumps or root balls.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Racine and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.cityofracine.org/Recycling/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Racine?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cityofracine.org/BulkyWaste/
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.cityofracine.org/SolidWaste/Lookup/
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Racine Public Works Department?
City of Racine
Department of Public Works
Commissioner of Public Works
John Rooney – 262-636-9121
Assistant Commissioner of Public Works
Ron Pritzlaff – 262-636-9121
Ara Molitor – 262-636-9121
City Hall Room 304
730 Washington Avenue
Racine, WI 53403
Missed garbage – 262-636-9126
When is my collection – 262-636-9171
Snow – 262 -636-9126
Bulky Pickup – 262-636-9171
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Racine trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.