We’re here to help you find the Montgomery County trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Montgomery County Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/depcollectionday/
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Day – third Monday in January
- Presidents Day – third Monday in February
- Memorial Day – last Monday in May
- Juneteenth – June 19
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – first Monday in September
- Veterans Day – November 11
- Thanksgiving Day – fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day – December 25
If the actual holiday falls on the weekend, but the County observes the holiday on the Friday before or the Monday after the actual holiday, there is no change in the collection schedule .*
If a County holiday falls during the week (Monday – Friday), all collections scheduled on or after the holiday will be made one day later that week.
Montgomery County Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/DepHowDoI/material.aspx?tag=bulk-trash&material_key=41
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- an item that doesn’t fit in a trash can or trash bag
- a single large item from home remodeling (examples: a door, a cabinet)
- large non-metal items like furniture, carpet, and mattresses
- 5 or more bags or cans of trash
- non-metal furniture (sofas, bookcases, etc.)
- rugs and carpet (please roll and tie)
- mattresses and box springs
- large non-metal toys
- mirrors or glass table tops that have been covered with newspaper and taped to prevent breakage
- bathroom fixtures (non-metal tubs, sinks, toilets)
- single items from minor home repair (wood door, bathroom vanity). We do not collect items generated from major home remodeling, demolition or construction.
- plastic trash cans
If you have an item to be collected that is not on this list, please call 311 (or 240-777-0311)
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Large items that are 51% or more metal, and won’t fit in a trash bag or can. Request a scrap metal recycling collection for these metal items.
- Propane tanks
- Ammunition (Live or spent)
- Uncovered glass mirrors/table tops
- Debris generated from major construction, remodeling, demolition or repair work like bricks, concrete, lumber, non-metal fencing, shingles, drywall, paint, rock, sod, auto parts, non-metal kitchen cabinets, sheds and large dog houses, etc.
- Grand pianos
- Hazardous materials
- Human or animal fecal or uriniferous matter; infectious waste; dead animals
- Large items that will not fit in our truck, or pose a safety hazard to our collectors
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Montgomery County and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/depcollectionday/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Montgomery County?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/DepHowDoI/material.aspx?tag=bulk-trash&material_key=41
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/depcollectionday/
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Montgomery County Customer Service?
Customer Service Center
Phone: 311 or (240-777-0311)
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Montgomery County trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.