We’re here to help you find the Leesburg VA trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Leesburg VA Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.leesburgva.gov/departments/public-works/trash-recycling-services
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Years Day 2023 – Monday, January 2, 2023
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29, 2023
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4, 2023
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25, 2023
- New Years Day 2024 – Monday, January 1, 2024
Leesburg VA Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.leesburgva.gov/departments/public-works/trash-recycling-services/bulk-and-oversized-items
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Furniture (includes sofas, chairs, tables, bookcases, etc.)
- Mattresses & box springs – limited quantity per pickup
- Appliances (see note at right about refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units)
- Lawn furniture
- TV stands
- Ironing boards
- Ceiling fans
- Vertical blinds
- Bunk beds
- Basketball goals (pole must be broken down to 4-5′ to fit in collection vehicle and base has to be drained of water and or sand)
- Exercise equipment – treadmills, elliptical machines, etc. must be broken down into pieces under 50 lbs. per piece for pickups
- Water heaters
- Barbecue grills (do not include propane tanks)
- Washers, dryers, and microwaves
- Push lawnmowers (gas and oil must be drained)
- Bed frames
- File cabinets
- Vanities, toilets and sinks
- 3 bags of resident generated construction debris (55-gallon bags – maximum 50 lbs. per bag ). Note: No cement is allowed.
- Wood pieces under 5′ long with nails hammered down or removed. A maximum of 12 pieces of wood will be collected per bulk pickup.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Televisions, monitors (of any model) or computer equipment – fee applies
- Tree limbs, tree stumps, logs, firewood or yard waste
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioning units, and other refrigeration equipment that has not had the chemical refrigerant removed by a licensed technician/ * refrigerator must be emptied or it will not be collected
- Carpet and padding
- Hazardous household waste (paints (all), stains, pesticides, etc.)
- Bricks, tiles, concrete products, rocks or stone (please note – stone also includes materials such as slate, granite, quartz, etc.)
- Construction debris*, including drywall, cement board, shingles and insulation
- Lumber and wood trim over 5′ long
- Tires (on or off rim)
- Automotive parts
- Grandfather clocks
- Pianos – any kind
- Pool tables, air hockey tables
- Floor model copiers and printers
- Riding mowers and tractors
- Wood and plastic play sets
- Windows, shower doors, shower stalls, gazebos, interior and front doors, screen doors
- Garage doors
- Items too large or heavy to be lifted safely by a two-person crew or too large to fit into the collection vehicle
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Leesburg VA and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.leesburgva.gov/departments/public-works/trash-recycling-services
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Leesburg VA?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.leesburgva.gov/departments/public-works/trash-recycling-services/bulk-and-oversized-items
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.leesburgva.gov/departments/public-works/trash-recycling-services#Map
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 4:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Leesburg VA Public Works Department?
Email: [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Leesburg VA trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.