We’re here to help you find the Knoxville trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Knoxville is in Tennessee with Johnson City to the northeast, Asheville to the southeast, and Nashville to the west, Chattanooga to the southwest.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Knoxville Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit Service Day and Disposal Information
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only days of the year when curbside trash and recycling are not picked up as scheduled. For the days following those two holidays, collection is delayed by one day and Sanitation Workers work through Saturday to catch up. The following Monday, service resumes as usual.
Knoxville Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: Service Day and Disposal Information
Residents may set out up to FIVE BULKY ITEMS PER WEEK. To ensure prompt bulky waste pickup, you are welcome to place a “bulky alert” by calling 311 before you set the bulky out on your usual trash day.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- items such as furniture, tires, appliances, old personal trash cans, and other approved household items that are too large to fit in your empty garbage cart.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- ADDITIONAL BAGS OF GARBAGE that will not fit in the garbage cart
- CONSTRUCTION, RENOVATION, AND DEMOLITION WASTE
- CARDBOARD BOXES are not approved bulky waste
- BRUSH/YARD WASTE MIXED WITH TRASH OR OTHER ITEMS
- APPLIANCES CONTAINING REFRIGERANT (refrigerators, freezers, etc.)
- GAS-POWERED EQUIPMENT (lawn mowers, weed-eaters, heaters, gas grills, etc.) is not eligible for pickup unless it has been drained of all liquids or tanks have been removed (gasoline, oil, propane, etc.).
- CARPET is not eligible for pick up unless it is rolled, tied, and has been cut down to six feet or less in length.
- TIRES are not eligible for pick up unless they have been removed from their rims.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Knoxville and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: 2023 RECYCLING CALENDAR
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Knoxville?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: Service Day and Disposal Information
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: Service Day and Disposal Information
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Knoxville Waste and Resources Management?
Report trash, recycling or cart issues to (865) 215-4311 or [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Knoxville trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.