We’re here to help you find the Hawthorne trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Hawthorne is in California with Los Angeles to the north, Torrance to the south, Downey to the east, Gardena to the southeast.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Hawthorne Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.cityofhawthorne.org/departments/public-works/environmental-programs/trash-pick-up
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- Labor Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day (when it falls on a weekday)
- New Year’s Day (when it falls on a weekday)
Trash service will be delayed one day after these holidays.
Hawthorne Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cityofhawthorne.org/home/showpublisheddocument/658/637532990572230000
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Single Family Residential Customers shall receive two (2) bulk item(s) picked up per year for free.
- Bulk items should be no larger than 64 cubic feet (4 x 4 x 4).
- Bulk items include furniture (chairs, sofas, mattresses, and rugs); appliances (refrigerators, ranges, washers, dryers, water heaters, dishwashers, plumbing, and small household appliances); and electronic waste.
- Residential tires are accepted (maximum 2 per pickup).
- Please call 24 hours in advance to schedule a pickup at 800-299-4898.
- Bulk item pickups take place on the scheduled pickup day.
- Residents are provided with 4 Tags each year which allow additional refuse to be picked up in tagged bags or boxes with a weight limit of 60 lbs. per bag or box.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- No single item that cannot be handled by two workers will be accepted
- Hazardous Materials, including waste oil or anti-freeze.
- Ammunition or explosives
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Hawthorne and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.republicservices.com/municipality/hawthorne-ca
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Hawthorne?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cityofhawthorne.org/home/showpublisheddocument/658/637532990572230000
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.republicservices.com/schedule
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Hawthorne Customer Service?
12949 Telegraph Rd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA, 90670
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Hawthorne trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.