We’re here to help you find the Windsor garbage pickup schedule for 2024 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal garbage collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Windsor Garbage Collection Calendar 2024
For normal garbage collections schedules, visit https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/waste-and-recycling/collection-schedule/Pages/Garbage-Collection.aspx
Garbage Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- Thanksgiving Day
- New Year’s Day
Due to the holidays, your waste collection may take place one day later than your usual collection day.
Check the 2024 Collection Calendar here.
Windsor Garbage Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2024
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/Waste-And-Recycling/residential-bulk-furniture-collection/Pages/default.aspx for find the collection day for your bulk waste.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Box springs
- Sofa beds (must be tied so bed cannot unfold)
- Recliner chairs (must be tied so chair cannot unfold)
- Desks (non-metal)
- Office furniture (non-metal)
- Kitchen tables and chairs
- Coffee tables
- Small household furniture
- Dressers/cabinets (please make sure they are empty and drawers and shelves are removed and left beside item for collection)
- Kitchen cabinets
- Bathroom vanities (no porcelain sinks)
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Metal items
- Materials set out in garbage bags
- Batteries or items containing batteries
- Kitchen appliances (fridge, stove, dishwasher, freezer)
- Loose renovation material
- Glass/mirrors (If disposing of glass or mirrors, break the glass/mirror down and package in a cardboard box and clearly mark it as *glass* and this item can then be put out with regular curbside waste collection).
- Railway ties/pallets
- Yard waste (tree stumps, dirt, etc.)
- Porcelain items (toilets)
- Anything containing a compressor or refrigerants
- Medical waste
- Items that can be accepted at the household hazardous waste depot
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Windsor and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2024
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/Waste-And-Recycling/Recycling/Pages/Blue-Box—Container-Recycling.aspx
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Windsor?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/Waste-And-Recycling/residential-bulk-furniture-collection/Pages/default.aspx
What day is garbage pickup?
To find garbage pickup on your street visit: https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/waste-and-recycling/collection-schedule/Pages/Garbage-Collection.aspx
What time does garbage collection start?
Garbage collection starts at 6 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Windsor Public Works Department?
Call 311 or (519) 974-2277 ext. 3121.
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Windsor garbage pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.