We’re here to help you find the Victoria trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Victoria is in Texas with San Antonio to the northwest, Corpus Christi to the south, Houston to the northeast.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Victoria Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.victoriatx.gov/322/Garbage-Recycling-Yard-Waste
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
Christmas Holiday Collection
Weeks of December 19th – December 30th
- Garbage and recycling routes will run as usual.
- Yard waste routes will NOT run the week of December 26th – December 30th. Yard waste collection will resume on Monday, January 2, 2023.
- During the week of December 26th – December 30th, extra holiday garbage will be picked up on your regular garbage collection day. Please place extra garbage in either standard, store bought trash cans or plastic garbage bags and set them 5 feet away from any obstacles, including other City issued carts.
Victoria Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.victoriatx.gov/704/Acceptable-Items-For-Large-Item-And-HHW
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Appliances with Freon: Refrigerators or AC units must have the refrigerant (Freon) Professionally removed before collection. You will get a sticker to place on the item once refrigerant has been removed. The sticker must be on the item and visible for the item to be collected at the curb.
- Furniture: Bookshelves, Chairs, Coffee Tables, Mattresses, Recliners, Sofas, Etc.
- Large Appliances Without Freon: Dishwashers, Hot Water Heaters, Microwaves, Ovens, Washer / Dryer, Etc.
- Minor Construction Debris: (no more than 2 cubic yards of non-toxic asbestos-free materials): Fencing Planks, Boards, Carpeting, Flooring, House Siding, Sheetrock, Etc.
- Miscellaneous: Ice Chests, Large Children’s Toys, Large Packing Material, Etc.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
NO pharmaceuticals or medications are accepted through this program.
- Automotive Batteries
- Computer Monitors
- Latex Paints
- Metal Polish
- Oil-Based Paints
- Sharps (Sharps must be place in a rigid plastic containers. Include needles and lancets)
- Used Motor Oil
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Victoria and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.victoriatx.gov/323/Acceptable-Items-Recycling-Calendars
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Victoria?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.victoriatx.gov/704/Acceptable-Items-For-Large-Item-And-HHW
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.victoriatx.gov/322/Garbage-Recycling-Yard-Waste
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Victoria Public Works Department?
702 N Main
Victoria, TX 77902
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Victoria trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.