We’re here to help you find the Tulsa trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Tulsa Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.cityoftulsa.org/government/departments/streets-and-stormwater/refuse-recycling/residential-services/trash-collection-schedule/
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Collection service operates weekly. During weeks that include recognized city holidays (listed below), everyone’s collection day will be pushed to the following day to accommodate the disruption in scheduling.
There will be no collection services on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Christmas Day
If the holiday falls on one of these days, the pick up schedule will shift one day for the holiday and all the following days that week to accommodate the disruption in scheduling.
For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday:
- Those with Monday collection will receive service on Tuesday.
- Those with Tuesday collection will receive service on Wednesday
- Those with Wednesday collection will receive service on Thursday
- Those with Thursday collection will receive service on Friday
- Those with Friday collection will receive service on Saturday
Note: If the holiday falls on a Tuesday, Monday will have regular service but households with Tuesday-Friday service will be shifted one day to accommodate the holiday.
Tulsa Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cityoftulsa.org/government/departments/streets-and-stormwater/refuse-recycling/residential-services/bulky-waste-pick-up/ for find the collection day for your bulk waste.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Large appliances such as a stove, washer, refrigerator, air conditioner, dishwasher, or hot water tank.
- Appliances must be empty!
- Furniture, including mattresses and sofas.
- Electronic equipment such as computers, computer monitors and televisions. Note there is a limit of four monitors and/or televisions.
- Large yard waste, such as limbs, tree trimmings, and stumps cut to less than 5 feet long and less than 18 inches in diameter. Remodeling debris from small household projects performed solely by the resident at the address where materials are picked up. Items must be separately and securely containerized and less than one cubic yard total. No contractor debris will be collected.
- Glass – MUST be taped on both sides or contained separately in a box
- Tires, without rims – limit four
- Latex Paint – up to 10 gallons
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Automobile parts
- Poisonous or hazardous materials
- Contractor remodeling or demolition debris, such as shingles, wallboard, lumber or siding; or anything not separately and securely containerized, or larger than one cubic yard total.
- Loose glass
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Tulsa and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.cityoftulsa.org/government/departments/streets-and-stormwater/refuse-recycling/recycling/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Tulsa?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cityoftulsa.org/government/departments/streets-and-stormwater/refuse-recycling/residential-services/bulky-waste-pick-up/
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.cityoftulsa.org/government/departments/streets-and-stormwater/refuse-recycling/residential-services/trash-collection-schedule/
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Tulsa Public Works Department?
Customer Care Center: 311
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Tulsa trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.