We’re here to help you find the Troy trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Troy is in Michigan with Rochester to the north, Shelby to the northeast, Sterling Heights to the southeast, Royal Oaks to the south, Farmington Hills to the southwest, Pontiac to the northwest.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Troy Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://troymi.gov/departments/public_works/refuse_and_recycling/index.php
Trash Pick Up Holidays
When a holiday occurs on a weekday (Monday – Thursday) collection for the holiday and remaining days of that week will be delayed by one day.
- Memorial Day: Collection delayed one day all week
- Independence Day: Tuesday through Thursday collection delayed one day
- Labor Day: Collection delayed one day all week
- Thanksgiving: Only Thursday’s collection delayed one day
- Christmas Day: Collection delayed one day all week
Troy Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://troymi.gov/departments/public_works/refuse_and_recycling/recycling.php
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
Furniture and household appliances will be collected on your collection day except for excessive amounts due to moving, flooding or fire. Limit of 2 (two) items per week. No items may weigh more than 250 lbs. Place item(s) out at the curb on your collection day before 7:00 am and allow 48 hours for removal. No appointment or phone call needed. Examples of items collected:
- Box springs and mattresses of any size
- Fridge/Freezer: Remove doors and set beside appliance
- Couch, loveseats, recliners
- Carpet: Cut carpet into 3 ft lengths and bundle/tie each section. Each roll shall not to exceed 3 feet in width and 60 pounds in weight.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Remodeling debris, including but not limited to: materials from building, demolishing, altering or repairing of structures, roofing shingles, siding, paneling, plasterboard, ceiling tile, fencing, railroad ties, wooden decks, scrap lumber, garage doors, furnaces and boilers, oil tanks, and drums
- Concrete, stone, tile, or masonry
- Dirt, sand, and stone
- Yard waste of any kind; please do not dispose of yard waste in plastic bags to be collected as trash
- Hot ashes
- Hazardous chemicals
- Tires, large motor vehicle parts, or car batteries
- Scrap wood or lumber
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Troy and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://troymi.gov/departments/public_works/refuse_and_recycling/index.php
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Troy?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://troymi.gov/departments/public_works/refuse_and_recycling/refuse.php
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://troymi.gov/departments/public_works/refuse_and_recycling/index.php
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 am. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Troy Public Works Department?
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Troy trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.