We’re here to help you find the St. Louis trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
St. Louis Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.stlouisparkmn.gov/services/garbage-recycling
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
St. Louis Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.stlouisparkmn.gov/services/garbage-recycling/recycling/single-sort-recycling-acceptable-materials
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Mail, office and school papers
- Magazines and catalogs
- Newspapers and inserts
- Phone books
- Books (remove hard covers)
- Cereal, cracker, pasta, and cake mix boxes
- Shoe boxes, gift boxes and electronics boxes
- Toothpaste, medication and other toiletry boxes
- Cardboard (flatten to three feet by 3 three feet. If placed outside your cart remember to bundle with tape or twine)
- Cardboard cans
- Pop and beer boxes
- Cartons (rinse, leave caps on)
- Milk, soup and broth cartons
- Wine and juice cartons
- Juice boxes
- Glass (remove lids)
- Food and beverage bottles and jars
- Food and beverage cans (Note: popcorn, cookie and nut tins should be set out separately as scrap metal. See section below)
- Aluminum foil and trays (rinsed and clean)
- Plastics (rinse, leave caps on)
- Make sure all plastics have a resin code of #1, #2, #4, or #5.
- Water, soda and juice bottles
- Milk and juice jugs
- Ketchup and salad dressing bottles
- Yogurt, pudding and fruit cups
- Margarine, cottage cheese and other tubs
- Produce, deli and take out containers
- Dishwashing liquid bottles
- Detergent jugs
- Shampoo, soap and lotion bottles (remove pump)
- Clear packaging from toys and electronics
- Medicine bottles (greater than three inches tall or wide)
- Disposable plastic cups and bowls
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- needles or syringes
- plastic plates
- compostable plastics
- foam products of any kind (e.g., packing peanuts, foam cups and coolers)
- shredded paper
- gift wrap
- plastic bags
- plastic toys
- ceramics or pottery
- window glass or mirrors
- string/holiday lights
- aerosol cans
- light bulbs
- motor oil or anti-freeze bottles
- propane tanks
- electronics or batteries
- paper egg cartons
- paper towels
- facial tissue or pizza delivery boxes with food or grease – these items can be placed in your brown-lidded organics cart for those who participate in the curbside organics program
- paper cups or plates that are certified compostable may also be placed in the organics.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in St. Louis and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.stlouisparkmn.gov/services/garbage-recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in St. Louis?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.stlouisparkmn.gov/services/garbage-recycling/recycling/single-sort-recycling-acceptable-materials
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.stlouisparkmn.gov/services/garbage-recycling
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 am. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the St. Louis Public Works Department?
952.924.2111 or [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the St. Louis trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.