We’re here to help you find the Minneapolis trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Minneapolis Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collection schedules, visit the city’s trash pickup schedule.
How to use the tool
- Enter your address: Street number, street name, street type, direction. Example: 123 Main St S
- Select your address: The dates of your next garbage and recycling collection will come up
- To see a monthly calendar: Click on “View Garbage and Recycling Schedule this Month”. At the top of the calendar, your recycling week will be listed as either ABE or CD.
- To receive email reminders about your recycling pickup:– Click on “Sign up for Recycling Reminders.” You’ll also get holiday reminders and tips to reduce waste and recycle and compost more.
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When a major holiday is on a weekday, collection will be delayed one day. If a major holiday is on a weekend day (Saturday or Sunday), collection will not be affected by the holiday.
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
As part of your City garbage collection, crews will take up to two large items each week.
- Large items must be out by 6 a.m. on your pickup day.
- Attach a note to each item that says “For Solid Waste.” If items are not marked, we may not collect them.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Wood tables
- Plastic items
- Wood or upholstered furniture
- Couch (not a hide-a-bed or recliner)
- Must be less than six feet in length
- Hide-a-beds and recliners are accepted on recycling week only.
- Household items
- Rolls must be under five feet long, less than 12 inches in diameter, and must weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Roll and tie the carpet securely with rope, twine or tape. Do not use wire.
Non-recyclable large items are put directly into the garbage truck.
More acceptable items for bulk pickup can be here.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Minneapolis and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Minneapolis?
As part of your City garbage collection, crews will take up to two large items each week. Attach a note to each item that says “For Solid Waste.” If items are not marked, we may not collect them.
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit the city’s trash pickup schedule.
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Minneapolis Solid Waste & Recycling?
Eastside Maintenance Facility
2635 University Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Email: [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Minneapolis garbage day schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.