We’re here to help you find the Moreno Valley trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Moreno Valley Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.moval.org/resident_services/waste/trash-service.html
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When a holiday falls on a weekday, collection for trash, green waste, and recycling will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there will be no delays.
Moreno Valley Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.moval.org/resident_services/waste/trash-bulky-item.html
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Discarded furniture (including chairs, sofas, mattresses and rugs)
- Large appliances —refrigerators with freon, ranges, washers, dryers, water- heaters, dish washers, air conditioner units with CFC’s, televisions, electronic appliances
- Small household appliances and other similar items commonly known as “white goods”
- Waste Tires — up to 4 per individual request
- Oversized yard waste such as tree trunks and large branches – if no longer than two (2) feet in diameter and four (4) feet in length and similar large items
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Car bodies
- Camper shells
- Mobile homes
- Jacuzzi tubs or spas
- Any items that cannot be safely lifted and collected by 1 person
- Any hazardous waste including batteries, paints, oils, solvents, cleaners, gasoline, etc.
- Special waste or items that in the future may be banned by regulation
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Moreno Valley and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.moval.org/resident_services/waste/trash-service.html
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Moreno Valley?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.moval.org/resident_services/waste/trash-bulky-item.html
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.moval.org/resident_services/waste/pdf/TrashCollectionDays.pdf
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Moreno Valley Public Works Department?
Phone: (800) 423- 9986
City of Moreno Valley
Phone: 951.413.3109 / 951.413.3000
Address: Moreno Valley City Hall, 14177 Frederick St., PO Box 88005, Moreno Valley, CA 92552
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Moreno Valley trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.