We’re here to help you find the Bloomington trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Bloomington is in Minnesota with Burnsville to the south, Eagan to the southeast, Eden Prairie to the west, Edina to the northwest, Minneapolis to the north.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Bloomington Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.bloomingtonmn.gov/sites/default/files/2023-03/Garbage_and_Recycling_Calendar_2023_FINAL_0.pdf
Trash Pick Up Holidays
If your regular collection day is on or follows a major holiday, collection will be delayed by one day. If a holiday falls on a weekend day, the holiday will not impact collection. Major holidays include
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Refer to the collection calendar for holidays that impact collection this year.
Bloomington Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.bloomingtonmn.gov/ub/residential-solid-waste-program
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Limit TWO (2) appliances per house.
- Water heaters, microwaves, washers, dryers, stoves, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, freezers, dishwashers, trash compactors, garbage disposals, water coolers, refrigerators.
- For any appliance big enough for a child or pet to enter, remove the door(s) or tie securely shut.
- Do not set out appliances until the morning of your pickup.
- No electronics (TVs, computers, printers, stereos, cell phones etc.)
Mattresses or box springs
- Limit TWO (2) items per household.
- Mattresses and box springs are accepted.
- Limit TWO (2) items per household
- Chairs, couches and sofas, etc.
- Disassemble or tie down hide-a-way sofa beds so they cannot open when handled.
- Branches must be smaller than three inches in diameter and five feet in length and tied with twine. Place in bundles that can be carried by one person, otherwise, they will not be picked up.
- Brush piles must be no more than what can fit in one (1) level standard-size pickup truck.
Other Bulky Items
- Limit FOUR (4) items that cannot fit in small garbage cart.
- Including but not limited to doors, windows, cabinets, grills, bikes, car seats, carpet, lawn mowers, snow blowers, treadmills, and swing sets.
- Roll up carpets and carpet pads and tie them securely with twine. Rolls must be less than five feet long and less than one (1) foot in diameter – larger rolls will not be accepted.
- For lawn mowers, snow blowers and other tools with engines: drain any oil, gas and other fluids and remove tires.
- Should be broken down to ensure hauler can get it in the truck and that a single person will be able to manage it.
Construction & Demolition Materials
- Limited to what fits in one (1) level standard-size pickup truck. A standard-size pickup truck is 8 feet in length, 4 feet in width and 2 feet in height.
- Including but not limited to drywall, siding and lumber.
- Lumber must be stacked and no longer than five feet.
- Remove or bend nails.
- Boxed or bundled with twine – under 100 pounds per item.
- No household trash such as food waste.
- No plastic bags.
- No railroad ties.
- No chemically treated lumber or wood (i.e. treated to waterproof material)
- No construction materials from businesses or contractors.
- No paint, solvents, chemicals or other hazardous waste.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- No general junk pile and no small items
- Construction items from businesses or contractors
- Exceptionally heavy and bulky items
- Hazardous waste
- Plumbing fixtures
- Recyclable materials
- Small scrap metal
- Tires, batteries
- Yard waste, organic materials
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Bloomington and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.bloomingtonmn.gov/ub/residential-solid-waste-program
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Bloomington?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.bloomingtonmn.gov/ub/residential-solid-waste-program
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.bloomingtonmn.gov/ub/residential-solid-waste-program
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6 am. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Bloomington Public Works Department?
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Bloomington trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.