We’re here to help you find the Miami Dade trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Miami Dade Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1464792744722367
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Independence Day and Christmas Day.
Service will resume on your following scheduled pickup day.
Miami Dade Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser148069212998189 for find the collection day for your bulk waste.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Furniture – sofas, chairs, tables, cabinets and carpets (must be rolled).
- White goods or appliances – stoves, refrigerators, freezers (refrigerator and freezer doors must be removed), water heaters, washing machines, dryers.
- Mattresses – must be fully encased in a plastic mattress bag or sleeve and sealed with weather-resistant tape, such as packing tape or duct tape. The box spring does not have to be encased. Violations may result in a $100 fine.
- Fences – chain link and wooden fences must be rolled and no higher than five feet. Only up to three cubic yards of wooden fence is allowed.
- Tree cuttings – must be no more than five feet in length.
- Construction and demolition materials –kitchen cabinets, bathtubs, sinks and vanities steel, concrete, glass, brick, asphalt, roofing material, lumber, drywall and tile limited to no more than 3 cubic yard (a pile no larger than 3 green 95 gallon waste carts).
- Electronic equipment – Electronics should not be placed in a trash pile. It is illegal to take electronics to the landfills. Customers would need to take their electronics to any of the TRCs that accept used electronics or one of the two Home Chemical Collection Centers.
- Disabled power tools – i.e. lawnmowers (they must be completely free of fluids such as motor oil or gasoline).
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Garbage – food and kitchen waste
- Auto parts
- Central air units
- Fiberglass used for insulation
- Free-flowing liquids
- Household chemicals
- Oil-based paint
- Rock, dirt or sand
- Any single item weighing more than 150 pounds
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Miami Dade and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1494966732017925
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Miami Dade?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser148069212998189
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1464792744722367
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Miami Dade Public Works Department?
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Miami Dade trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.