We’re here to help you find the Kansas City trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
Kansas City straddles the Kansas and Missouri state border. Your schedule will depend on if your on the Missouri or Kansas side of the city. There’s Lawrence to the west, Omaha to the north, Columbia to the east, and Olathe to the south west.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Trash Collection Calendar 2023
Kansas City KS: For normal trash collections schedules: maps.wycokck.org/TrashDay.html
Kansas City MO: http://maps.kcmo.org/apps/parcelviewer/
Trash Pickup Holidays- Kansas City, KS
There are six holidays in which trash is not picked up:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 29, 2023)
- 4th of July (Monday, July 4, 2023)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 4, 2023)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 23, 2023)
- Christmas Day
On these holidays, pickup of everyone’s trash is moved back one day.
Trash Pickup Holidays- Kansas City, MO
No collection occurs on the following 2023 holidays:
- Snow Ops Delay – Jan. 3 (one day delay all week, collecting Jan. 4 – Jan. 8)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Jan. 17
- Presidents Day – Feb. 21
- Memorial Day – May 29
- Juneteeth – Monday, June 19
- Independence Day – July 4
- Amnesty Week/No-tag pickup will run Tuesday, July 5 through Saturday, July 9
- Labor Day – Sept. 5
- Veterans Day – Nov. 11 (Friday’s trash/recycle/bulky will be picked up Saturday, Nov. 12)
- Thanksgiving Day – Nov. 24, Thursday collection will take place on Friday, Nov. 25, Friday’s collection will take place on Saturday, Nov. 26.
- Monday, Dec. 26 will be recognized as a holiday, so trash, recycle, bulky will run the holiday, one-day delay schedule
- Amnesty Week/No-tag pickup will occur Tuesday, Dec. 27 through Saturday, December 31
January 2, 2023 will be observed as a holiday. Trash/Recycle/Bulky will run on the one day holiday schedule, January 3 through January 7, 2023.
Kansas City, KS Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: [LINK] for find the collection day for your bulk waste.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Kansas City and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar:
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Kansas City?
What day is trash pickup?
What time does trash collection start?
How can I contact the Kansas City Public Works Department?
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Kansas City trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.