We’re here to help you find the Huntsville garbage pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Huntsville Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit: https://maps.huntsvilleal.gov/address/archive/
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
There will be no residential garbage, recycling or yard waste collection within the Huntsville trash pickup is limited on the holidays listed below. Collection through the week will be delayed by one day beginning with the regular Monday pickups occurring on Tuesday.
In general, if your garbage collection date falls on a holiday, place your can by the curb the evening before the next business day.
City of Huntsville Holidays 2023
- Monday, January 16 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Collections will be delayed by one day)
- Friday, April 15 – Good Friday
- Monday, May 29 – Memorial Day (Collections will be delayed by one day)
- Monday, June 19 – Juneteenth (Collections will be delayed by one day)
- Monday, July 4 – Fourth of July observed (Collections will be delayed by one day)
- Monday, September 4 – Labor Day (Collections will be delayed by one day)
- Friday, November 10 – Veteran’s Day
- Thursday/Friday, November 23-25 – Thanksgiving (Thursday’s residential curbside collection will be picked up on Friday, Nov. 25. Residents should leave cans at the curb until they are collected.)
- Monday, December 26 – Christmas (Collections will be delayed by one day. Residents should leave cans at the curb until they are collected.)
Huntsville Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.huntsvilletx.gov/541/Residential-Heavy-Trash-Collection
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Heavy trash is large yard waste, furniture, appliances/white goods, and material from minor household projects such as cabinets or toilets.
- Pile (including brush) not to exceed four (4) feet in height, ten (10) feet in length and five (5) feet in depth.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Tree stumps or small yard waste (bagged, canned or bundled trimmings)
- Vehicle batteries, parts, oil, tires, antifreeze or vehicles
- Commercial businesses, commercially generated heavy trash/large yard waste or tree removal service
- Construction, demolition or remodeling materials (to include but not limited to: drywall, siding, concrete, bricks, blocks, dirt, rocks, roofing material, etc.)
- Cardboard or recycling
- Dead animals
- Barrels, unidentified sealed cans, paint cans, hazardous waste, swimming pool chemicals, water softener salt or chemicals, All Liquid Waste
- Property vegetation clearance (lot clearing)
- Any item not accepted at the Transfer Station
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items or junk that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk pickup and removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Huntsville and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://recycling-alliance.com/schedule/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Huntsville?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.huntsvilletx.gov/541/Residential-Heavy-Trash-Collection
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://maps.huntsvilleal.gov/address/archive/
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Huntsville Public Works Department?
- Sanitation Office4205 East Schrimsher Lane Huntsville, AL 35805
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Huntsville trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.