We’re here to help you find the Gilbert trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Gilbert is in Arizona with Mesa to the northwest, Chandler and Casa Grande to the southwest, Phoenix to the west.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Gilbert Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.gilbertaz.gov/how-do-i/view/trash-recycling-pickup-schedules
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
Holidays do not affect the town’s curbside trash & recycling collection (your blue and black bins), however there is no bulk trash pickup the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Gilbert Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.gilbertaz.gov/departments/public-works/solid-waste/bulk-trash
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Furniture that can’t be donated
- CRT, DLP, rear projection televisions (no flat screens)
- Glass that is boxed, sealed and labeled
- Yard waste
- Trimmings less than 5′ in length and 12″ in diameter
- Grass, leaves or weeds must be bagged and tied
- Cacti must be boxed, labeled and container
- Basketball Hoops
- Must be broken down into at least 2 pieces
- Securely attach an 8.5″ X 11″ piece of paper labeled as “bulk trash”
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Household garbage like kitchen waste that is liable to decay
- Construction debris like lumber, drywall, glass doors and mirrored doors, tile, carpet, carpet pad, cabinets, tile, tubs, and showers
- Auto parts like engines, tires and rims
- Hazardous waste like vehicle fluids, paint, pool chemicals, propane tanks and cleaning products
- Flat screen TVs or other electronics
- Appliances like washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves and water heaters
- Demolition debris like rock, dirt, sod and concrete
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Gilbert and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.gilbertaz.gov/how-do-i/view/trash-recycling-pickup-schedules
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Gilbert?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.gilbertaz.gov/departments/public-works/solid-waste/bulk-trash
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.gilbertaz.gov/how-do-i/view/trash-recycling-pickup-schedules
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 5 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Gilbert Utilities Department?
[email protected] | (480) 503-6400
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Gilbert trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.