We’re here to help you find the Cupertino trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Cupertino is in California with Campbell to the southeast, San Jose and Fremont to the northeast, Sunnyvale to the north, Redwood City and Belmont to the northwest.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Cupertino Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.cupertino.org/our-city/departments/environment-sustainability/garbage-and-recycling
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- January 1
- December 25
Customers who normally receive service on working days will have their trash picked up on December 26 and January 2.
Cupertino Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cupertino.org/our-city/departments/environment-sustainability/garbage-and-recycling/residents/recycle
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Plastic soda, water, and other drink bottles
- Plastic food and household bottles and jars
- Plastic tubs and lids
- Plastic produce, and non-food containers
- Clear film plastic and bags (bagged together in a single bag)
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Aluminum and bi-metal cans
- Aluminum foil (clean, no food)
- Glass bottles and jars (labels and lids are OK)
- Books (paperback and hardcover)
- Cereal, cracker, and other paper food boxes (NO frozen food boxes with wax lining- these go in the trash)
- Envelopes, junk mail, paper bags
- Shredded paper (please put into a paper bag before placing in the recycling cart)
- Cardboard should be flattened and placed inside your cart so the lid closes or stacked in a pile neatly next to your recycling cart
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Food contaminated paper packaging, paper towels, napkins, tissue
- Plastic utensils and straws, film plastics, garden hoses, packing foam peanuts, styrofoamTM, pet waste, packing envelopes, textiles, diapers, kitty litter, feminine products
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Cupertino and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.cupertino.org/our-city/departments/environment-sustainability/garbage-and-recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Cupertino?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cupertino.org/our-city/departments/environment-sustainability/garbage-and-recycling/residents/recycle
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.cupertino.org/our-city/departments/environment-sustainability/garbage-and-recycling
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 am. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Cupertino Public Works Department?
[email protected] or 408.777.3236
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Cupertino trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.