We’re here to help you find the Belmont trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Belmont Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.belmont.gov/departments/public-works/garbage-recycling
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Collection services do not occur on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
If your regular collection day falls on or after one of these holidays, collection will be provided on an alternate day.
Belmont Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.recology.com/recology-san-mateo-county/bulky-items/?_ga=2.106339331.1092548221.1674299388-677501652.1674299388
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- 12 garbage bags (32-gallon size) of garbage, recyclables, or compost (loose items must be bagged, boxed, or bundled). This is equivalent to 2 cubic yards (3ft x 3ft x 6ft) of materials and must be under 60 lbs.
- 1 large appliance (washing machine, clothes dryer, household refrigerator)
- 1 bulky item (mattress and box spring, furniture, 4 tires without rims)
- 1 e-waste item (computer monitor, microwave, television)
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Hot ashes
- Hazardous waste
- Infectious waste
- Construction debris (new material)
- Demolition debris (old material)
- Materials exceeding five feet in length
- Items weighing more than 200 pounds (may require an extra fee for service and cannot be guaranteed)
- Treated wood – any wood that has been pressure treated with a chemical preservative to protect the wood against attacks from insects, microorganisms, or fungi. It is typically used in outdoor applications such as fences, decks, stairways, etc.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Belmont and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.recology.com/recology-san-mateo-county/collection-calendar/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Belmont?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.recology.com/recology-san-mateo-county/bulky-items/?_ga=2.106339331.1092548221.1674299388-677501652.1674299388
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.recology.com/recology-san-mateo-county/collection-calendar/
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6:00am. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Belmont Public Works Department?
Rethink Waste – Phone: (650) 802-3500
Email: [email protected]
Recology SanMateo County (Garbage & Recycling) – Phone: (650) 595-3900
Address: 225 Shoreway Road San Carlos, CA 94070
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Belmont trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.