We’re here to help you find the Sandy trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Sandy Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://sandy.utah.gov/342/Garbage-Collection
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Regularly scheduled service on these holidays and the days following will be delayed one day.
Sandy Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://sandy.utah.gov/320/Bulk-Waste
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Boxes / Bundles / Bags (required for small, loose items like leaves and grass clippings)
- Appliances (refrigerant removed and tagged)
- TVs / Household Appliances
- Water Heaters
- Furniture / Cabinets (glass must be removed)
- Toilets / Sinks / Bathtubs
- Mattresses / Box Springs / Bed Frames
- Carpet / Padding (rolled)
- Green Waste (max length 4’, max diameter 18”) NO SOD!
- Fencing / Posts / Lumber (max length 4’)
- Lawn mowers / Snowblowers / Other Small, Gas-operated Equipment (oil & gas removed)
- BBQ Grills (propane tanks removed)
- Scrap Metal/Pipes (max length 4’, max weight 50 lbs. – no auto parts, no vehicle/trailer with a VIN)
- 55-gal Drums (empty and tops removed)
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
Items not listed on acceptable items will not be picked up.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Sandy and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://sandy.utah.gov/347/Recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Sandy?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://sandy.utah.gov/320/Bulk-Waste
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://content.civicplus.com/api/assets/ut-sandycity/453c6ed7-4ea2-42f2-b54d-ad06431a054e/garbage-collection-map.jpg
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Sandy Public Works Department?
Email: [email protected]
Address: 8775 South 700 West, Sandy, UT 84070
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Sandy trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.