We’re here to help you find the Richmond BC garbage pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Richmond BC is in British Columbia with Vancouver to the north, Surrey and Burnaby to the northeast, Langley Township and Abbotsford to the southeast, Nanaimo to the west.
If there’s a change to your normal garbage collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Richmond BC Garbage Collection Calendar 2023
For normal garbage collections schedules, visit https://www.richmond.ca/services/recycling/schedule.htm
Garbage Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- Thanksgiving Day
- New Year’s Day
Collection days may be delayed 1 day if it falls on a holiday. Check the 2023 Collection Calendar here.
Richmond BC Garbage Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.richmond.ca/services/recycling/garbage/largeitem.htm for find the collection day for your bulk waste.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Appliances (e.g. stoves, dishwashers, washers and/or dryers, hot water tanks, refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, coolers)
- Barbecues (remove lava rock, briquettes and/or propane tanks)
- Electric lawnmowers
- Furniture (e.g coffee tables, chairs, desks, dressers, TV stands, cabinets, drawers, tables, hutches, cribs, high chairs, entertainment centres)
- Dry Upholstered Furniture (must be kept dry curbside, e.g. couch, arm chair, recliners etc.)
- Dry Mattresses and box springs (must be dry, wrapped in plastic and securely sealed)
- Outdoor furniture (e.g. chairs, patio tables, patio umbrellas)
- Small household goods (e.g. small kitchen appliances, vacuums, small power tools) must be in boxes or bundled and are reasonable size. One box or bundle is equal to one allotted item.
- Tires (passenger and light duty truck only)
- Suitcases (hard shell and soft fabric)
- Weight training equipment (e.g. treadmills, elliptical, stationary bikes, stair masters, weight sets)
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Wet mattresses and box springs
- Unsealed mattresses and box springs
- Wet upholstered furniture
- Car bodies or parts
- Tree stumps
- Demolition materials (drywall, roofing, plumbing materials)
- Home Renovation materials (sinks, bathtubs, flooring, doors, windows)
- Hazardous waste
- Propane tanks
- Gas mowers
See Where Can I Take It? for help with some of these items.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Richmond BC and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.richmond.ca/services/recycling/schedule.htm
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Richmond BC?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.richmond.ca/services/recycling/garbage/largeitem.htm
What day is garbage pickup?
To find garbage pickup on your street visit: https://www.richmond.ca/services/recycling/schedule.htm
What time does garbage collection start?
Garbage collection starts at 7:30 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Richmond BC Public Works Department?
Call 604-276-4010 or email [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Richmond BC garbage pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.