We’re here to help you find the Pearl City trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
Pearl City is in Hawaii with Oahu to the north, Honolulu to the southeast, Waipahu to the west.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Pearl City Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.honolulu.gov/opala/trash-collection-and-disposal/curbside-collection-rules.html
Trash Pick Up Holidays
The City provides scheduled collection service on all holidays except:
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
When your refuse day falls on these holidays, the missed collection will be made up on the following 1-2 days.
Pearl City Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://honolulu.sanstar.net/honolulu-public-client/app/appointments/create-appointment
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- 6 foot and 60 pound maximum for long items and bundles.
- Single family homes are able to dispose of up to five (5) bulky waste items and two (2) metal appliances per separate appliance appointment.
- Each individual unit in multi-unit residential buildings are able to schedule up to five (5) bulky waste items for disposal and two (2) metal appliances per separate appliance appointment.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Bulky items that are normally associated with commercial activities, such as pallets, tires, riding lawn mowers, etc., are not collected by the City. These items should be returned to the vendor or commercially disposed.
- Not bundled – Certain items, such as lumber, fencing, carpet, etc., or items that are disassembled will not be collected loose. These items should be wrapped or secured together with twine, tape, cord or other binding in bundles not exceeding a weight of 60 pounds total or length of greater than 6 feet or attached to the main piece of a disassembled item.
- Not scheduled – If an item is not on the appointment list, it will not be collected.
- Not secured – If bulky items have glass, the glass should be taped in a way to prevent fragmentsfrom going everywhere if the glass shatters to minimize injury to our collection crew.
- Not emptied – Bulky items should not contain anything, such as other trash or putrescible food waste, which could cause unsafe conditions
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Pearl City and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.honolulu.gov/opala/trash-collection-and-disposal/refuse-recycling-haulers.html
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Pearl City?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://honolulu.sanstar.net/honolulu-public-client/app/appointments/create-appointment
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://opala.hnl.info/refuse_collection/
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Pearl City Public Works Department?
Environmental Services Refuse Division
Phone: (808) 768-3200.
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Pearl City trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.