We’re here to help you find the Palo Alto trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Palo Alto Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.greenwaste.com/palo-alto/single-family-residential/
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If an observed holiday falls on a regular collection day, collection for the remainder of the week will be delayed by one day.
Palo Alto Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.greenwaste.com/palo-alto/cleanupday/
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Bulky Items – Up to three (3) bulky items. Each item must weigh 200 pounds or less.
- Individual Items – Up to three (3) individual items. Each item must weigh less than 60 pounds and be no larger than 3’x3’x3’.
- Clothing and Textiles – Up to three (3) 32-gallon bags or boxes of clean and dry textiles. Each box or bundle must weigh less than 60 pounds.
- Recyclables – Unlimited boxes or bundles of recyclables. Each full box or bundle must weigh less than 60 pounds. Each bundle must be 2’x3’ or smaller.
- Yard Primings – Up to six (6) boxes, bags, or bundles of yard trimmings. Yard trimmings may be in paper bags or cardboard boxes. Each full box, bag, or bundle must weigh less than 60 pounds. Each bundle must be 2’x4’ or smaller.
- Garbage – Up to three (3) 32-gallon bags or boxes of garbage. Each full box or bag must weigh less than 60 pounds.
- Construction Material – Up to six (6) boxes or bundles of construction related material. Each full box or bundle must weigh less than 60 pounds. Each bundle must be 2’x3’ or smaller.
Residents may request the collection of bulky items (beyond those included in the Clean Up Day program) on their regular service day for a fee. To schedule this service, call Customer Service (650) 493-4894 at least one week in advance.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
Please contact Green Waste Customer Service at (650) 493-4894 for information.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Palo Alto and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.greenwaste.com/palo-alto/single-family-residential/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Palo Alto?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.greenwaste.com/palo-alto/cleanupday/
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.greenwaste.com/palo-alto/wp-content/uploads/Service-Day-Map.pdf
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Palo Alto Public Works Department?
Green Waste – Customer Service
Phone: (650) 493-4894
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (650) 329-2151
Email: [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Palo Alto trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.