We’re here to help you find the Oyster Bay trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Oyster Bay Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://oysterbaytown.com/departments/sanitation/
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
There is NO Sanitation or Recycling Collection on the following holidays (when the holiday falls on a regular collection day):
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
*Regular Sanitation and Recycling collections are made on Lincoln’s Birthday, Washington’s Birthday, Columbus Day, Election Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
- When a holiday falls on Monday, Monday collection will be made on Tuesday, and Tuesday collection will be made on Wednesday.
- When a holiday falls on Tuesday, Tuesday collection will be made on Wednesday.
- When a holiday falls on Thursday, Thursday collection will be made on Friday, and Friday collection will be made on Saturday.
- When a holiday falls on Friday, ALL collections will be made on Saturday.
Oyster Bay Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://oysterbaytown.com/departments/sanitation/
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Refrigerators and freezers – must have doors removed
- Air conditioners
- Large pieces of furniture
- Oil tanks – must be cut in half and all oil removed
- Garage doors – over 8 feet and 6X8 stockade fence must be cut in half
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Auto parts such as: auto body parts, axles, bumpers, motors, mufflers/exhaust pipes, rear ends, tires, transmissions
- Dry chemicals such as pool chemicals, chlorine and fertilizers
- Liquid waste of any kind
- Medical, biological or pathological waste receptacles
- Propane tanks and propane torches*
- Red bags (this color indicates hazardous or medical wastes, which are not collected by the Town)
- Waste Oil
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Oyster Bay and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://oysterbaytown.com/departments/sanitation/recycling-information/
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Oyster Bay?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://oysterbaytown.com/departments/sanitation/
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://oysterbaytown.com/departments/sanitation/
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection may not be placed at the curb before 5:00pm the day
How can I contact the Oyster Bay Sanitation Department?
Phone: (516) 677-5848
Email: [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Oyster Bay trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.