We’re here to help you find the Moscow trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Moscow Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/304/Recycling
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
If your regular garbage day falls on or after the holiday, your garbage will be collected one day late that week. If your regular garbage day falls before the holiday, your trash will be collected as usual.
Moscow Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/304/Recycling
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Plastic: #1 and #2 Plastic Bottles and Jugs (with screw top lids). Empty and rinse.
- Metal, Aluminum and Tin: Aluminum & Tin beverage and food cans. Empty, rinse and dry.
- Paper: Newspaper, junk mail, cereal and dry food boxes, office paper, phone books, envelopes, non foil wrapping paper. Books with hardbacks removed. Clean and dry.
- Corrugated Cardboard: Clean and dry.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Glass: NO glass of any kind!
- Paper: No food-soiled food boxes. No pizza boxes!!!!!!! No wet paper or cardboard. No disposable diapers. No wax or plastic-coated cardboard. No paper towels, plates, or napkins. No soiled paper or facial tissue.
- Metal: No aluminum foil. No caps, rings, or lids. No aerosol spray cans. No paint cans. No sharp or greasy metals. No metal clothes hangers.
- Plastic: Any plastic labeled #3 through #7. No plastic bags of any kind. No Styrofoam. No medicine containers. No clam shells. No plastic plates or utensils. No plastic clothes hangers. No plastic motor oil or anti-freeze containers. No candy wrappers or chip bags. No garden hoses.
- Other restrictions: No CDs, DVDs, or cases. No batteries. No electronics. No lightbulbs. No ceramics or dishes.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Moscow and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/304/Recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Moscow?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/304/Recycling
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/304/Recycling
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 am. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Moscow Public Works Department?
208-882-5724 or [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Moscow trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.