We’re here to help you find the Montclair trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Montclair Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.montclairnjusa.org/government/departments/community_services/garbage__recycling__bulky_waste/bulk_waste_information
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day (Observed)
- Martin Luther King Day
- Lincoln’s Birthday
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday, Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas Day
Montclair Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.montclairnjusa.org/government/departments/community_services/garbage__recycling__bulky_waste/bulk_waste_information
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- large household items
- box springs
- porcelain sinks
- other large items
- large wooden furniture
- chairs, sofas, and love seats
- fans: window size or ceiling fans
- refuse cans: metal or rigid plastic
- rugs: rolled or bundled: 1 roll = 1 bulky waste item
- linoleum: rolled: 1 roll = 1 bulky waste item
- construction & demolition debris: one (1) can, weighing no more than 75 lbs.
- metal window frames (glass removed): loose=1 item; tied in bundle of 3=1 item
- metal screens: loose = 1 item; tied in bundles of 3 = 1 item
- mattresses and box springs
- headboards and bed frames
- swimming pools (baby pools)
- commodes (toilets), cast iron sinks and bathtubs
- PVC or metal pipes: up to ten (10) feet in length
- lawnmowers and snow blowers (free of gas and oil)
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- yard debris, including leaves, grass clippings, and tree branches or stumps
- concrete or asphalt, rocks or dirt
- regular household refuse
- recyclables: mixed paper, or commingled metal, glass and plastic
- consumer electronics
- microwave ovens
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Montclair and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.montclairnjusa.org/government/departments/community_services/garbage__recycling__bulky_waste/bulk_waste_information
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Montclair?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.montclairnjusa.org/government/departments/community_services/garbage__recycling__bulky_waste/bulk_waste_information
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.montclairnjusa.org/government/departments/community_services/garbage__recycling__bulky_waste/bulk_waste_information
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 08:30 am. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Montclair Public Works Department?
973-509-5711 or [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Montclair trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.