We’re here to help you find the Framingham trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Framingham Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.framinghamma.gov/170/Curbside-Refuse-Collection
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
- President’s Day
- Patriot’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Indigenous People’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
On weeks with a holiday, there will be no refuse or recycling pickup on the day of the holiday. Your trash and recycling will be picked up the next day, and everyone else whose collection day follows the holiday will have their refuse picked up one day later than usual.
Framingham Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.framinghamma.gov/173/Bulky-Item-Disposal
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Metal Items – Mattresses, box springs, metal desks, metal tables, dishwashers, dryers, riding lawnmowers (please make sure oil and gas is removed), ladders, dryers, snow blowers, stoves, swing sets, washers, water heaters, wood stoves, clotheslines, exercise bikes, walk-behind lawnmowers (please make sure oil and gas is removed), lawn spreaders, bikes, microwaves, metal lawn chairs, grills, wheelbarrows, storm doors, hard drive enclosures, sleep sofas, metal bed frames, and basketball hoops.
- Automobile Tires
- Softgoods – Chairs, ottomans, tables, wooden desks, couches, loveseats, bureaus, wooden bed frames, hutches, drawers, and china cabinets.
- Items Containing Freon – Refrigerators, freezers, ice makers, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers. According to Massachusetts General Law, refrigerators or freezer doors MUST be removed prior to placing the item outside for pick up.
- Rugs & Carpets
- Television & Computers Monitors
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
Please contact Sanitation Division at 508-532-6001 for more information.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Framingham and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.framinghamma.gov/201/Curbside-Recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Framingham?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.framinghamma.gov/173/Bulky-Item-Disposal
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.framinghamma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/22086/When-Is-My-Collection-Day?bidId=
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Framingham Public Works Department?
Physical Address – 100 Western Avenue, Framingham, MA 01702
Email: [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Framingham trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.