We’re here to help you find the Fort Pierce trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Fort Pierce Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.cityoffortpierce.com/204/Garbage-Collection
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
The holiday collection schedule is suspended only for that specific holiday date or day as noted above, not the day before or the day after. There are no holiday make-up days for the collection of residential garbage, recycling or yard waste. If your collection date falls on a holiday, services will resume on the next regularly scheduled collection day.
Fort Pierce Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cityoffortpierce.com/204/Garbage-Collection
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Building material waste from do-it-yourself projects that do not require a building permit, but excluding commercial waste and contractor generated waste.
- Furniture, mattresses and toys
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Automobile parts, bodies, doors, driver trains, motorcycles or parts, lawn mowers or parts, and other similar materials.
- Bricks, cinder blocks, rocks, concrete, glass, dirt, sand, sod, drywall, tile, grout, construction debris.
- Commercial waste and contractor generated waste.
- Debris from work performed by anyone other than the resident.
- Private landscapers must dispose of all debris generated by their work. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure that the landscaper removes their debris. Homeowners will be charged for any debris left by a landscaper.
- Debris of any type on vacant lots
- Limbs and other woody waste longer than 6 feet in length and larger than 6 inches in diameter.
- Paint or hazardous waste
- Tree stumps or roots
- Unbagged leaves, grass, pine straw, and similar material.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Fort Pierce and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.cityoffortpierce.com/204/Garbage-Collection
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Fort Pierce?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cityoffortpierce.com/204/Garbage-Collection
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.cityoffortpierce.com/204/Garbage-Collection
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7AM. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Fort Pierce Public Works Department?
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Fort Pierce trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.