We’re here to help you find the Fairbanks trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Fairbanks Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.fairbanksalaska.us/publicworks/page/garbage-schedules
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
If your regular garbage pick-up day falls on a holiday, your garbage will be picked up *the following day.
New Year’s Day (observed)
*Monday, January 2, 2023
*Monday, February 20, 2023
*Monday, May 29, 2023
Juneteenth is NOT recognized as a city holiday yet.
*Tuesday, July 4, 2023
*Monday, September 4, 2023
Veterans Day (observed)
Friday, November 10, 2023
Thursday, November 23, 2023
*Monday, December 25, 2023
Fairbanks Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.fairbanksalaska.us/publicworks/page/faqs for find the collection day for your bulk waste.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Broken Glass: YES. Please dispose broken glass or jagged metal in a cardboard box SEPARATELY from your regular trash to prevent workers from getting cut.
- Fluorescent bulbs: YES. Boxed, maximum 10 bulbs.
- Appliances and furniture: YES. Large items can be picked up separately for an additional fee per trip. Call 459-6770 to schedule a pickup. Call the FNSB Landfill at 459-1482 for disposal of appliances with refrigerant gas, freezers, air conditioners, refrigerators.
- Brush: Yes. Small quantities in 4-foot lengths, bundled, and tied.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Animal feces: NO.
- Animal/fish scraps: NO. No animal hides, scraps, or other remains from hunting or fishing. Call the FNSB Landfill at 459-1482 to make arrangements for disposal of these items.
- Hazardous materials: Must be put out separately. Household Hazardous Wastes must be separated out from garbage bags and set aside for free special collection on your garbage day by Public Works employees. This includes Antifreeze, corrosives, diesels, gasoline, motor oils, oxidizers, paint, poisons, solvents, and cooking oil. For disposal of batteries and PCB ballasts, call the FNSB Landfill at 459-1482 to make arrangements for disposal of these items at their Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Residents can also take household hazardous wastes directly to the landfill at no charge. Please call ahead to make sure staff is available to take your items.
- Construction/demolition material, bricks, and stone: NO.
- Needles/Syringes/Sharps: Must be put out separately. Place needles/syringes in a sharps container or empty plastic container with a secure lid. Call 459-6770 if you need assistance obtaining a container or for collection of container and to get a new empty container or labels from Public Works.
- Medical waste: NO. The only exception is properly contained needles/syringes/sharps.
- Automobile parts and tires: NO.
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Fairbanks and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://iagreenstar.org
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Fairbanks?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.fairbanksalaska.us/publicworks/page/faqs
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.fairbanksalaska.us/publicworks/page/garbage-schedules
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Fairbanks Public Works Department?
Call Public Works Department at 459-6770.
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Fairbanks trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.