We’re here to help you find the Costa Mesa trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Costa Mesa is in California with Fountain Valley to the northwest, Irvine to the east, Huntington Beach to the west, Newport Beach to the southwest.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Costa Mesa Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.cmsdca.gov/trash___recycling/curbside_collection/collection_day.php
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- Collection does not occur on the holidays listed below. It is delayed by one (1) day following the holiday during the remainder of the holiday week. Click HERE for more info.
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Memorial Day – last Monday of May
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – first Monday of September
- Thanksgiving – 4th Thursday of November
- Christmas – December 25
Costa Mesa Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cmsdca.gov/trash___recycling/special_collection_programs/large_item_collection.php for find the collection day for your bulk waste.
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Appliances (refrigerators, ranges, washers, dryers, water heaters, dishwashers, plumbing, small household appliances, and other similar products known as “white goods”)
- Contained yard debris, green waste, and small pieces of wood limited to 1 cubic yard
- Furniture (chairs, sofas, mattresses, rugs, etc.)
- Scrap metal (including, but not limited to aluminum, iron, stainless steel, and copper)
- Glass (tape must be placed on the glass in a star shape to ensure that it does not break)
- Other similar items that are not specifically excluded below
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Building materials
- Car bodies
- Chemicals and hazardous waste
- Sand or sandbags
- Items larger than 8 x 4 ft. or heavier than 150 lbs. (i.e. items that cannot be lifted by 2 people)
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Costa Mesa and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.cmsdca.gov/trash___recycling/curbside_collection/index.php
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Abington?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cmsdca.gov/trash___recycling/special_collection_programs/large_item_collection.php
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.cmsdca.gov/trash___recycling/curbside_collection/collection_day.php
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 6 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Costa Mesa Public Works Department?
Call (949) 646-4617
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Costa Mesa trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.