We’re here to help you find the Columbus GA trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
The City of Columbus is in Georgia with Atlanta and Marietta to the northeast, Dothan to the south, Phoenix City to the west.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Columbus Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.columbusga.gov/publicworks/Integrated-Waste/Resources
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- New Year’s Day – Waste collection makeup day: January 4, Wednesday
- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday – Waste collection makeup day: January 18, Wednesday
- Memorial Day – Waste collection makeup day: May 31, Wednesday
- Juneteenth – Waste collection makeup day: June 21, Wednesday
- Floating Holiday – TBD
- Independence Day – Waste collection makeup day: July 5, Wednesday
- Labor Day – Waste collection makeup day: September 6, Wednesday
- Columbus Day – Waste collection makeup day: October 11, Wednesday
- Veterans Day – Waste collection makeup day: January 4, Wednesday
- Thanksgiving Day – Waste collection makeup day: November 22, Wednesday
- Day after Thanksgiving Day – Waste collection makeup day: November 24, Friday
- Christmas – Waste collection makeup day: December 28, Wednesday
Columbus Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.columbusga.gov/publicworks/Integrated-Waste/Resources
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
Large household appliances and bulk furniture that cannot be collected by the regular garbage truck.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Any construction or demolition materials resulting from construction, remodeling or razing of buildings, structures or pavement. This includes bricks, stone, cement chunks, cement blocks, sand or gravel.
- Any type of cylinders, such as propane, oxygen, chlorine, etc.
- Any vehicle, marine, motorcycle, or lawn tractor batteries.
- Any drum that contained fuel, oil, solvent, automotive fluids or pool chemicals.
- NO HAZARDOUS WASTE IS PICKED UP!
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Columbus and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.columbusga.gov/publicworks/Integrated-Waste/Recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Columbus?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.columbusga.gov/publicworks/Integrated-Waste/Resources
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.columbusga.gov/publicworks/Integrated-Waste/Resources
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7:00 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Columbus Public Works Department?
Phone: 311 or (706) 653-4000.
Address: 602 11th Ave. Bldg. E, Columbus, GA 31901
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (706) 225-4505
Address: 8001 Pine Grove Way, Columbus, GA 31907
Email: [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Columbus trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.