We’re here to help you find the Cedar Falls trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Cedar Falls Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.cedarfalls.com/99/Garbage-and-Yard-Waste
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- Good Friday (April 7, 2023) – Pickup will be on Thursday, April 6, 2023
- Memorial Day (May 29, 2023) – No yard waste collection
- Independence Day (July 4, 2023) – Pickup will be on Wednesday, July 5, 2023
- Labor Day (September 4, 2203) – No yard collection
- Thanksgiving Day (November 23, 2023) – Pickup will be on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
- Day after Thanksgiving (November 24, 2023) – Pickup will be on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
- Friday, December 22, 2023 – Pickup will be on Thursday, December 21, 2023
- Christmas Day (December 25, 2023) – No yard waste collection
- New Year Day (January 1, 2024) – No yard waste collection
Cedar Falls Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.cedarfalls.com/106/Bulk-Items
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Washers / Dryers
- Refrigerators / Freezers
- Garbage Disposals
- Dish Washers
- Air Conditioners
- Water Softeners
- Water Heaters
- Dehumidifiers / Humidifiers
- Microwave Ovens
- Computers $7.50
- Televisions $7.50
*Beginning January 1, 2021 Appliances will be $10 per appliance and $7.50 for Computers and Televisions. Charges are added to your CFU bill.
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Yard Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Construction, Demolition, Remodeling Materials
- Used Oil Filters (accepted free at the Transfer Station)
- Oil (accepted free at the Transfer Station)
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Cedar Falls and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.cedarfalls.com/100/Recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Cedar Falls?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.cedarfalls.com/106/Bulk-Items
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: https://www.cedarfalls.com/DocumentCenter/View/3/Refuse-Routes?bidId=
What time does trash collection start?
The carts, by ordinance, may be placed for pickup no earlier than 6:00 pm on the day prior to your refuse pickup day.
How can I contact the Cedar Falls Public Works Department?
2200 Technology Parkway
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: (319) 273-8629
Fax: (319) 273-8632
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Cedar Falls trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.