We’re here to help you find the Burlington IA trash pickup schedule for 2023 including bulk pickup, recycling, holidays, and maps.
If there’s a change to your normal trash collection schedule then there’s a good chance your street sweeping schedule has changed too so make sure to check for updates.
Burlington IA Trash Collection Calendar 2023
For normal trash collections schedules, visit https://www.burlingtoniowa.org/2171/Solid-Waste
Trash Pick Up Holidays
Here you can see the city-observed holidays.
- Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4th – pickup on Wednesday, July 5th
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 4th – pickup on Tuesday, Sept. 5th
- Observed Veterans Day: Friday, Nov. 10th – pickup on Thursday, Nov. 9th
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 23th – pickup on Friday, Nov. 24th
- Christmas Day: Monday, Dec. 25th – pickup on Tuesday, Dec 26th
Holiday Schedule for Garbage 2024
- New Year’s Day: Monday, January 1st – pickup on Tuesday, Jan 2nd
- President’s Day: Monday, Feb. 19th – pickup on Tuesday, Feb. 20th
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27th – pickup on Tuesday, May 28th
*Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Good Friday and Columbus Day are NOT Holidays for Solid
Waste trash is on a regular schedule.
Burlington IA Trash Collection Map
Bulk Waste Pickup Calendar 2023
To find your bulk item pickup schedule visit: https://www.burlingtoniowa.org/2270/Bulky-Item-Collection
Acceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Appliances such as freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, microwaves, water heaters, water softeners, furnaces, dehumidifiers, trash compactors, air conditioners, and many types of space heaters.
- Bed, mattress or box spring, couch, recliner, kitchen table and chair
Unacceptable Items for Bulk Pickup
- Auto body parts
- Construction & demolition material (bricks, stones, concrete, rubble, asphalt, shingles, lumber, pallets, siding, drywall, landscape timbers, railroad ties)
- Liquids (paint, automotive products, household chemicals)
- Hazardous material (explosives, waste soaked in volatile & flammable material, poisons, radioactive material, waste contaminated by infectious or contagious disease, other material which may present a special hazard to personnel, equipment or the public)
- Propane tanks, helium tanks
Have bulky items the city won’t pick up? You need a junk removal service.
If you have large items that the city won’t take from you, you may need to hire a junk removal service.
Junk removal services are not be as picky about the items they’re collecting so if the city won’t take the item, this may be your best bet. There’s usually a fee involved with junk removal but most companies can tell you ahead of time approximately what it’s going to cost.
There are a number of junk removal services in Burlington IA and I’m sure many of them will be able to help you out.
Recycling Collection Calendar 2023
Here’s the link to the recycling collection calendar: https://www.burlingtoniowa.org/2282/Curbside-Recycling
Frequently Asked Questions
When is bulk pickup in Burlington IA?
To find your bulky item pickup in your area visit: https://www.burlingtoniowa.org/2270/Bulky-Item-Collection
What day is trash pickup?
To find trash pickup on your street visit: City of Burlington Trash Collection Day
What time does trash collection start?
Trash collection starts at 7 a.m. Make sure to have your bins on the curb by then.
How can I contact the Burlington IA Solid Waste Department?
Address: 3510 Division Street Burlington, IA 52601
Phone: 319-753-8114 (24-hour Solid Waste Information Line)
Email: [email protected]
Did we miss anything?
Hope you were able to find everything you need for the Burlington IA trash pickup schedule. We strive to provide the most up to date information so please let us know if you need anything else.